Cornwall Day 6 – Healey’s Cyder Farm (Halloween)

We got up and watched a bit of TV and had sausage sandwiches for breakfast before heading to Healey’s Cyder Farm to carve a pumpkin. It was very foggy in the morning and rainy, but as we drove further west the rain lifted and the sun broke through.

We arrived at the Cider Farm and didn’t really know what we were doing or what we wanted so we got the boy at reception to help us and he informed us there was a tractor ride to the pumpkin patch at 2:30, an hour and a half from now. We wondered about going into Truro for some shopping but decided to stay and look around at the animals. They had ponies and goats and chickens and peacocks, and dad did his usual Dr Doolittle routine and had a cuddle with each one.

We then went and found the café. We had a cider each, there was a berry one, Cornish gold, and pear. A cat came up and said hello and then it started raining so we had to go inside. Me and Josh were thrilled because we finally had some Wi-Fi.

It was finally time to get on the tractor and I got a bit separated because I was being polite and letting people on, I made my way back though. We rumbled along a dirt track to the top of a hill where they had some hay bales and about 10 pumpkins. We were all thoroughly unimpressed. You even had to pay £3 for a pumpkin on top of the £15 tractor ride fee for a family. We then all got back on the tractor and drove through their orchard which I enjoyed as it felt like I’d been apple picking this year.

We went to the café again and had some cake, cream tea, and cheesy chips, and wrote a few of our postcards. When it was time to leave we went to the shop and got a few crates of cider.

Back at the caravan we relaxed a little and watched Casper on TV, my favourite, and then flicked between a few different horror movies. Josh made a gingerbread house. Me and Dad went into Looe to get dinner from Harvey’s Fish and Chips, we think it’s the best. There were a few trick or treaters dotted around town and some fireworks went off on the seafront. We were a bit gutted we didn’t go and watch.