My friend made a weather app so that they could learn APIs. I decided to fork it and take it a step further by experimenting with CSS Houdini, Variable Fonts, CSS Variables, and new browser APIs such as the Speech Synthesis API.
- This App uses experimental CSS Houdini features that are currently only supported in Google Chrome.
- Variable Fonts. You will need to have an up to date operating system to use them.
- There is a reduced motion mode of this App.
- CSS Variables.
- Share API.
- Speech Synthesis API.
- Service Worker and notifications. It can be installed on many operating systems.
- Dark Sky API and Skycons.
- Turn notifications on and off and have icon reflect that.
- Send notifications every 30 minutes even if app is not opened.
- Use more bleeding edge APIs (Suggestions welcome).